Sunday, January 17, 2010

Valentine Wreaths and Horseshoes

After a day full of fabric store shopping with friends on Saturday, my mom and I decided to make the Valentine wreaths found on the Cherry Hill Cottage blog.  They were easy to make and turned out so cute!  It's just 2 inch squares of fabric pressed into a styrofoam heart using a pencil and a little glue.  Luckily my mom had a great stash of fabric for us to use!





I am not the only crafty person at my house though. 
Check out the coat rack my boyfriend Joe made out of old horseshoes my grandpa gave us. 


4 comments:

  1. Both of them look cute! I need to get busy and finish my wrealth!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the wreath...I made them as Christmas Ornaments one year. They are very cute done on round balls. That will be my Chrismas tip of the year.

    I was hoping you might have more horse shoes...they make very cute yard flowers when joined in a circle. Mom has one in her yard. I love yard art.

    I am in the process of refinishing two wooden chairs. I made my sewing stool into a bench for an old dresser (you might remember it), and recovered the bench. The chairs are stripped and ready for varnish. When finished one will be my new sewing chair. I have two blankets waiting to be made.

    Keep on sewing and crafting...it's good for your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great tip!!! I think I want to make the ornaments now. I wish we had more horseshoes but we already ran out. I am going to be on the lookout for more though. The flower idea sounds cute. You should email pictures of the chairs when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the horse shoes coat rack great ideal! The heart wreath is so pretty too! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am a follewer now.

    ReplyDelete