Saturday, September 5, 2009

one with the fabric


This morning at 9:00am was the 1st meeting of the year in Grandma's Quilt Club at Grandma's Attic (an amazing fabric/sewing store) in Dallas, OR. I drove down to Salem to meet my mom and we drove there together.

There are monthly meetings and everyone in the club gets a pattern and some fabric each time to make one quilt block so that at the end of the year you have 12 different blocks to sew together into a quilt.

Rachel who speaks each month to the club told us today that there three things we can't discuss when we were all together. Politics, religion, and weight, because these things keep us from becoming "one with the fabric". She is pretty funny!

This year the theme of the club is the bobby sox sisters so along with discussing sewing and quilts we will also be talking about three young girls growing up in the 1940's and 50's and learn what their recipe's, crafts, sewing projects, and household tips were.

For my quilt blocks I chose 1930's fabrics. I love all of the little prints on them! Once I finish the I will post a picture. I am so excited to sew on my new sewing machine that I got last night for my birthday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Kristin, Thanks for stopping in for a peek at the Halloween stuff! Please be sure to introduce yourself at Coburg. It should be a great day!Hope to see you soon, Martha

    ReplyDelete